This full-day training is aimed at primary school leaders, including those with responsibility for school-wide assessment. It provides an opportunity for you to reflect on where your school or academy is in relation to assessment. It will help you to focus on the decisions you have made to date and to evaluate the effectiveness of those decisions. It will also provide you with practical, ‘down-to-earth’ examples of procedures which may move your thinking on further.
The training will:
- Emphasise the importance of creating a ‘whole-school’ ethos that embraces a
different style of assessment;
- Consider the balance needed between formative and summative assessments;
- Look at models of tracking on a ‘year-by-year’ basis as well as ‘in-year’ tracking;
- Take account of the way progress is now measured and how this may impact on
your tracking and assessment in general;
- Take account of the issues raised by the new style RAISEonline;
- Consider how ‘assessment for learning’ procedures may need to sharpen
especially in relation to pupils’ misconceptions and barriers to learning;
- Put emphasis on the place of peer assessment and the place it has in your
- Provide a case for listening to learners more frequently and provide examples of
- Consider the value of testing and having clarity about end of year expectations;
- Consider where assessment within EYFS is after the issues related to baseline
This training aims to delve deeply into the assessment culture at school and academy level. It will make you take stock, look at the bigger picture and help to guide you to make decisions that are based on focusing on what we need to know about our learners at any time. It will also provide guidance and give you examples of different models to consider for your use.
You will also be provided with online access to a website containing a copy of the presentation and any supporting documents, as well as a printed copy of the presentation notes.
The course is priced at £245. There is a 25% discount if two places are booked. A further 10% discount is also added if payment is made by credit / debit card.
To book your places on this essential course :
Tuesday 27th June : Central London
Wednesday 28th July : Central Birmingham